- General population that may not understand the nuances of OCD
- Those struggling with OCD or know someone struggling with OCD
- Exposition – The Basics of OCD
- Exposure-Response Prevention
- Mindfulness: Thoughts are Just Thoughts
- Call to Action
- Film Festivals (Houston International Film Festival, Big Sky, Slamdance, LA FilmFestival, ReelAbilities, SXSW)
- Conferences (IOCDF National Conference, OCD Texas Annual Conference)
- Home/Office accessibility for patients and therapists
- Vimeo rental for general public
What makes our documentary stand out?
There is a handful of digital media explaining what OCD is, but much of it is unrelatable to a general audience. We hope to make a documentary that is not just informative, but also allows a general audience to connect to OCD on a cinematic and personal level.
Additionally, there is an abundant amount of media out there that portrays the perfectionism or hand-washing aspects of OCD. These are real aspects of certain types of OCD, but this does not represent OCD accurately. Our documentary will talk about the taboo types of OCD: sexually intrusive thoughts, harm OCD, and religious OCD (scrupulosity).